NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

References to Property Objects Not Released Properly

Hi,

We recently upgraded to TestStand 3.5 and LabVIEW 8.0.1. Previously, we had TS 2.0 and LV 6.1.

Now, with the mass-compiled code, when I try to close the built application, I get a message that says "References to Property Objects Not Released Properly" and several Type definition objects are listed that were not released. 
Such message was not observed with previous version of TestStand.

I believe that I can get rid of this message by changing 'debug options' in TestStand. But, I am concerned about any side-effects. 

My question is: Is there a way to fix this issue properly?

Comments/suggestions are appreciated.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,213 Views)

Hi,

Does the error messages point to what is not being release?

You need to look through your code and find out where you haven't used a closed reference VI. The only reference you dont what to close is the one you pass via the connector pane of the VI. Any reference you create within your code you should release before returning.

If its in your TestStand sequence then set the reference variable to Nothing eg MyObjRef = Nothing.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,208 Views)
Hi Troy,

There are two steps to solve this problem. First, you could open TestStand, and go to Configure->Station Options, click the Preferences tab, then click the "Debug Options..." button at the bottom. This will open the Debug Options window where you can uncheck the Report Object Leaks option. Second, as Ray said, you should look through your code and try to eliminate any open references to your code. TestStand will throw this warning when the TestStand Engine closes for any object that has not properly released.

Are you using a modified Operator Interface (OI)? What language are you using to code your interface? What languages are being used for the majority of your sequence steps?

If you are using a modified OI, a good way to determine where your error is occurring is by testing functionality step-by-step. Start by testing the smallest piece of functionality that you can, like simply opening and closing the OI. If the warning does not occur, add another piece of functionality and repeat.

Matt Mueller
NI

Message Edited by Nick C on 08-15-2006 01:39 PM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,193 Views)