NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading DMM range and Function from text file

Hi I’m developing a test stand sequence fie for my tester.  In that I’m using NI DMM 4060.

I want to programme Test stand to read the DMM range and function from Text file.

I need to measure voltage, current and continuity from one sequence file.

Can any body suggest me how I can do this.

Your help in this regard is appreciated.

Regards,

Narendra

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,252 Views)

Narendra

This would more easily done with LabVIEW or CVI.  Create a DMM driver that accepts the "File Location" and keyword for the "Settings" (i.e. LowVoltage)
In the driver open the file from the "File Location" parameter and get the range and function from the "Settings" parameter.  Each time you call this VI or function in TestStand pass down the keyword "Settings" to load from the file.  In your file, set it up as an ini file with all the different settings that you need.
This way you have one driver that now can be called from several places within your sequence and have different DMM functions and ranges.  I would suggest putting the file location in a FileGlobals.

Good Luck
Message 2 of 5
(3,242 Views)

Hi,

You could use the PropertyLoader step to load your DMM function and range information into into a Locals variables.

Or

You could create a custom step which have the required Step properties. Then you can use the PropertyLoader to load directly to your step properties, similar to loading the limits of a step.

Or

You could make use of the IVI step types.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 3 of 5
(3,232 Views)

Hi Ray Farmer,

Thanks for you help. I’m able to load limits from text file but I’m facing trouble while loading the variable and the variables are not passing to my calling programme (i.e. my Labview DMM driver) can you please help me by sending any example programme how to pass variables to calling programme.

Thanks & regards.

Narendra

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,230 Views)
Passing variables to LabVIEW is pretty well covered in the shipping document called "Using LabVIEW with TestStand". Go to Help>Search the TestStand Bookshelf. Say you have a VI with a numeric control called range and that the control is wired to the VI's connector pane and you have a local variable called Locals.DMMRange. When you specify the module and select the VI, you'll get the Edit LabVIEW VI Call dialog.
The VI's connector pane will be displayed and at the bottom is a list of all inputs and outputs. Find the range input and make sure the "Default" button is not selected. Then, at the end of the value box, click the expression browser button and when the dialog window opens, find Locals.DDMRange and double click it or highlight it and click the Insert button. Click the OK button of the expression browser and the OK button of the Edit LabVIEW VI Call dialog and you're done.

If you've done this and it's not working, may sure the data type of the local variable matches the data type of the LabVIEW control. You can also post a sample sequence and the VI you're trying to run.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,220 Views)