NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read START_DATE_TIME during test.

Solved!
Go to solution

I would like to read the time the test started when the test sequence is still executing.

The time is stored in the column “START_DATE_TIME” in the NI standard data base table UUT_RESULT. It is also used to name the standard xml test report generated by TestStand.

I store some data to a custom data base table. By saving “START_DATE_TIME” along with the data I will be able to match data in the NI standard data base tables with the data in the custom data base table.

How do I get the time so I can send it with the data when I store the data to the data base?

Best regards

Erik

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,480 Views)

Erik,

TestStand uses "schemas" to distribute data in the different database tables. Or in other words: A schema describes the (minimum) setup of a database to enable database logging.

You can review the schema and check what "value to log" is used for the START_DATE_TIME.

Create a custom schema by duplicating the original schema and modify it by adding this column configuration to other tables as well.

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,476 Views)

Thank you Norbert for an interesting idea, but I hesitate to change the "schema". I have a labview VI that saves the data to the custom data base table and I just what to add the time.

What I understand the parameters I what to use is :

Logging.StartDate.Month

Logging.StartDate.MonthDay

Logging.StartDate.Year

Logging.StartTime.Hours

Logging.StartTime.Minutes

Logging.StartTime.Seconds

How do I get the value of the parameters when “MainSequence” is executing?

Thanks

/E

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,457 Views)

RunState.Root.Locals.StartTime

RunState.Root.Locals.StartDate

is what you are looking for.

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,449 Views)

The parameters I see in

RunState.Root.Locals is

ResultList

UUT

UUTTeminated and

ModelThreadType

StartTime and StartDate is not pressent. What do I do wrong?

/E

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,446 Views)

These are dynamic (aka runstate) properties. They exist only during an execution using a process model.

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,443 Views)

I run the test sequence with BatchModel.seq as process model.

I put a break point in “MainSequence” and by adding a “Watch Expression” l check what parameters are available.

The RunState.Root.Locals.StartTime and RunState.Root.Locals.StartDate parameters are not available to me.

In the “MainSequence” I put a step with a message popup and in the “Message Expression” I put “Str(RunState.Root.Locals.StartDate)” just to access the variable if its hidden, but the program only returns:

An error occurred evaluating the Message Expression:

Error in argument 1, 'RunState.Root.Locals.StartDate', in call to the expression function 'Str'.

Unknown variable or property name 'RunState.Root.Locals.StartDate'.

What am I missing?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,432 Views)
Solution
Accepted by ErikKlingenstierna

@ErikKlingenstierna wrote:
[...]

What am I missing?

You should have stated that you are working with the batch model.

As i said, these variables are created by the model during execution. Because the batch model handles each socket in a separate execution, the lookup string i previously posted is not correct. It applies to the sequential model.

In the batch model, the lookup string is:

RunState.Root.Parameters.TestSocket.StartTime

Norbert
Message 8 of 10
(3,426 Views)

Thank you for your excellent help!!

To summarize.

When using a BatchModel the parameters are located in

RunState.Root.Parameters.TestSocket.StartTime

Thanks again

Erik

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,424 Views)

"Give a man a fish you feed him for a day. Teach him to fish you feed him for a life time".

To follow that quote, you should use the search tool (Ctrl+F) to find variables. When sitting in a break point, open search and type what you are looking for. In this case that would be starttime (non-case sensitive!).

Browse the results and look for the most promising. You can copy the value or the lookup string (only "copy").

Norbert
Message 10 of 10
(3,420 Views)