NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Property value for local data type in Sequence Context?

I need to use the "Get Property Value" vi to access local data in Test Stand.  I am not sure what format the local data is in and the Polymorphic VI needs to know the data type of the lookup string.  If I could access the datatype of the local data, I could use a case statement in Labview to determine which polymorphic "Get Property Value" vi to select.  Is there a property value for local data type in the SequenceContext object?
Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,590 Views)
Hi,

In LabView, you can use Property Nodes (found on the Application Control palette, depending on your version of LabView) to access the properties of local data types in SequenceContext objects in LabView. You simply wire a SequenceContext object to a property node and select Locals in the node. Then, place another property node on the block diagram and wire the first property node to the new node to access the Locals' properties.

For more information about using LabView and TestStand, look at the "Using LabView With TestStand" document, specifically Appendix B "Using TestStand ActiveX APIs in LabView". This can be accessed through http://ni.com/manuals or by opening TestStand and going to Help>>Search the TestStand Bookshelf and clicking the "Using LabView With TestStand" link.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,564 Views)