From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Property loader usage from C#

Hello,

is it possible to use TestStand Property Loader directly from C# application? Does it have any API so that I can call its functions as standard DLL functions?

I have a test application which shall have many configurations for tests (CSV files - Project files). Each test configuration file (project file) contains test settings (voltage, current, timing, etc.) for specific UUT Part number.

We have custom C# user interface which allows operator to select the test project file, view test project settings or also create new project file or edit current project file.

The goal is to use TestStand Property loader to load all the project files into C#, edit current file from C#, create new file from C#. The project file name will be then passed to Teststand sequence, where the property loader step will load the settings data in the sequence. Is it possible to do it this way?

Or shall I rather use INI file (each test project will be INI section) and create custom data parser/editor in C#? - For this case the test settings will be passed to TestStand by variable values.

Thank you,

Petr

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,660 Views)

Hi Petr,

The Property Loader step that is shipped with TestStand is based on a .Net dll that reads the input data and assigns it to the properties as given in the file. There isn't a specific API that will give this behaviour, as the API used accesses each step throughout the sequence and uses the names in the loaded file to assign values.

The simplest way to do this from your C# script would be to parse your current files and return a common file format that the Property Loader can read as it is. If you wanted more control, the TS API does allow you to modify each property of steps individually. Looping through your file to assign each test limit would allow this.

I hope this helps.

Nic

--------
Nico
Systems Engineer

Certified TestStand Architect Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,614 Views)

Hi Nic,

thanks for reply. I was expecting this. I will create my custom parser for the files.

Petr

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,598 Views)