NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Property loader step, load limits for a subsequence.

I have a sequence that constains 3 numeric limit tests. I call the sequence multiple times from a parent sequence. [Hence, the sequence with the 3 tests is a subsequence.] I expect different readings for the tests each time that I call the subsequence, due to differences in the test setup before each subsequence call. Therefore, I would like to use property loader steps to load different limits for the subsequence before each call.

I added a property loader step as the first step in the subsequence. Used the Edit Property Loader screen to quickly add the hi/low limits for each step, specify and create an Excel file. Then I cut and moved the step and placed it in the parent sequence, just before the first subsequence call. The idea was that the property loader would then read from the file and change the test limits before the subsequence call. [I realize that I would/will need a separate file for each subsequence call since the limits change for each subsequence call.]
However, the Property Loader step failed to execute. It seems that the property loader is attempting to apply the limits to the current (parent) sequence and not to the subsequence steps.

Can I use a Property Loader step to load test limits for a subsequence?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,300 Views)
Hi,

pop the propertyloader in the subsequence.
pass a parameter to the subsequence which is a string.
use this string in the property loader to point to different start markers

I have attached a TS3.0 example.

Hope this helps
Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 2 of 2
(3,297 Views)