From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Property loader changes value of BOOLEAN to false all the time regardless of imported value.

Property loader appears to change value of BOOLEAN (global var) to false all the time regardless of imported value.
Able to change string values OK.
Also, are there any updated examples on the ni web site (v3.1)? There is supposed to be an example in the examples library -- none there.

George
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,240 Views)

George,

Could you attach a a simple sequence file containing this problem?
What version of TestStand are you using?
Is your data source a text file or a database table?

Best Regards.

Antonio Lie.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,237 Views)

Hi,

Here is a small example.

Hope it helps

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,229 Views)
thanks. Two files are attached.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,200 Views)
Thanks to Ray for the example.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,194 Views)

newnew,

The property loader step is working correctly.
The step's post-expression is setting the variable to FALSE after the step is executed.
FileGlobals.AVAIL_34980A= Step.PropertiesList[1].IsArray.
I am not sure why you added this post-expression, it seems unnecessary.
The Step.PropertiesList array contains the information for the selected properties to import. In your case the file global (AVAIL_34980A) is not an array and that is why it is always set to FALSE.
If you get rid of the post expression then you would see the expected behavior. (The file global would be TRUE after executing the property loader).
I am attaching a modified version of the sequence file you attached before, I commented the post expression out, so the variable is not set to FALSE after the step executes.

Hope it helps.

Antonio Lie.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,183 Views)