Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Property Loader in sub-sequence doesn't change MainSequence

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by Jeroen_Oortwijn_work

Hello Jeroen,

These were the original examples that I posted. (or at least an approximation of them).

Do note that these just illustrates the 2 approaches I mentioned earlier on:

- Put Property Loader step directly into the Setup Step Group of the main VI before you load/call any other subsequences.

Then the Steps in your MainSequence their properties will get properly updated.

- I think that for what you are trying to accomplish it might be more useful to put your Property Loader Step in a PreUUTLoop Callback of your specific Sequence File.

In attachment you can find the reverted examples.

The attached Code is provided As Is. It has not been tested or validated as a product, for use in a deployed application or system, or for use in hazardous environments. You assume all risks for use of the Code and use of the Code is subject to the Sample Code License Terms which can be found at:

http://www.ni.com/pdf/legal/us/sample_code_license​_terms_020112.pdf

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
Message 11 of 13
(2,307 Views)

Hello Thierry,

Sorry for my late reply.

Unfortunately, one of the two example sequences you provided couldn't be opened in TestStand 4.5 because it required 5.1 or higher.

Nevertheless we have come up with a solution similar to your PreUUTLoop callback solution.

We couldn't use the PreUUTLoop callback because we didn't want ro replicate the Process Model code in the sequence. Instead we modified the Process Model, so it contains another sequence callback which get called just after the PreUUTLoop sequence. This new callback we then used in the sequence to put the Property Loader Step in.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

Jeroen Oortwijn

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(2,037 Views)

Hello Jeroen,

That could also be a possible solution.

Much success with the further programming!

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(2,025 Views)