NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Property Loader in sub-sequence doesn't change MainSequence

Solved!
Go to solution

We have several Numeric Limit tests in our MainSequence and we want to change the test-limits with the Property Loader.

If the Property Loader step is in the MainSequence (either in Setup or in Main), then the limits get changed.

If the Property Loader step is in a sub-sequence of the MainSequence, then the limits doesn't get changed.

The limits of Numeric Limit tests in other sub-sequences always get changed.

Attached are two examples (Teststand 4.2):

"PropertyLoader does work.zip" - the Property Loader step is in the MainSequence.

"PropertyLoader doesn't work.zip" - the Property Loader step is in a sub-sequence of the MainSequence.

Is this a bug, or is this expected behaviour?

Or is there a setting that would make "PropertyLoader doesn't work.zip" work correctly?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(6,161 Views)

Hello Jeroen,

I have been able to see what you are experiencing.

I think that the behavior you're seeing could be considered to be "expected behavior".

However, I do agree that it might not be completely clear when you start to work with the Property Loader Step (or by the explanation in the documentation).

As far as I have experienced (please correct me if I am wrong) you would be expected to either:

- Put Property Loader step directly into the Setup Step Group of the main VI before you load/call any other subsequences.

Then the Steps in your MainSequence their properties will get properly updated.

If you put it in a subsequence of the Step Group, then this is not by default the case. (based on my experience).

- I think that for what you are trying to accomplish it might be more useful to put your Property Loader Step in a PreUUTLoop Callback of your specific Sequence File.

Can you tell me if using a PreUUTLoop Callback could be a workable approach for your test sequence?

Or is there a specific reason why you want to use a subsequence?

I have attached a small example that illustrates the difference between both.

This example is based on a slimmed down version of your shared files.

The attached Code is provided As Is. It has not been tested or validated as a product, for use in a deployed application or system, or for use in hazardous environments. You assume all risks for use of the Code and use of the Code is subject to the Sample Code License Terms which can be found at:

http://www.ni.com/pdf/legal/us/sample_code_license_terms_020112.pdf

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(6,096 Views)

Hello Thierry,

Unfortunately, the PreUUTLoop (and PreUUT) of the Process Model contains some code which I don't wan't to duplicate in the sequence. So using a PreUUTLoop Callback is not really an option.

The Property Loader step is in a subsequence along with other steps that are needed to configure the test for that specific UUT. If they all would be placed in the setup of the MainSequence, it would be quite a long list of steps before the main part starts.

I can't see any attachments to your post. Could you attach the example again?

Kind regards,

Jeroen Oortwijn

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(5,908 Views)

Hello Jeroen,

I think I posted this example earlier on.

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(5,905 Views)

Hello,

I have some issues with adding it to the forum directly. I will then share it via our ftp:

ftp://ftp.ni.com/outgoing/Property%20Loader%20Question.rar

The attached Code is provided As Is. It has not been tested or validated as a product, for use in a deployed application or system, or for use in hazardous environments. You assume all risks for use of the Code and use of the Code is subject to the Sample Code License Terms which can be found at:

http://www.ni.com/pdf/legal/us/sample_code_license_terms_020112.pdf

Kind Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(5,898 Views)

Hello Thierry,

I have downloaded the file from the ftp.

But I can't open the sequence files, because they were saved in TestStand 5.1.0.226. I'm using TestStand 4.2.0.134 and 4.5.1.134.

Could you save them in a older format?

Kind regards,

Jeroen Oortwijn

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(5,714 Views)

Hello Jeroen,

I have been Out of Office the last couple of weeks.

At this moment I do no longer have the files locally on my pc. (and they have been removed from the ftp)

Can you share them again with me so that I can try to revert them to an older TestStand version?

Kind Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(5,567 Views)

Hello Thierry,

Unfortunately, I also don't have that file anymore.

Kind regards,

Jeroen Oortwijn

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(5,349 Views)

Hello Jeroen,

Is the issue still active?

In that case I might be able to recreate a similar set fo examples.

Kind Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(5,334 Views)

Hello Thierry,

We are using a work-around for now, but we would like to have a more definitive solution.

If you could recreate your examples, that would be nice.

Kind regards,

Jeroen Oortwijn

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(5,294 Views)