Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Property Loader SQL

Solved!
Go to solution

Paul -

My suggested debug is:

1) Test with a smaller database table as Norbert suggested to see how that affects the timing.

2) Remove half of the steps from the sequence that you are importing into to see how the timing changes, linearly or not.

3) Change the cusor type and location independently to static and client side respectively.

If you are opening and closing the connection, there should be no need to use a dynamic cursor. Static should be fine.

Client side is typically better performance than server-side unless network traffic is very slow.

Let us know the timing differences with the different changes in options.

Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(934 Views)

Hi Norbert,

I changed the Configuration of the SQL Statement Step:

Card Advanced, Cursor Location

I changed from Default (which obviousliy means Server) to Client. As a result the Property-Loaders execution changed:

CursorType-Server:

Open SQL Statement   0.046922 sec
Property Loader          16.9857047 sec

CursorType-Client:

Open SQL Statement   0.0331606 sec
Property Loader           0.1644317 sec

Of course I'm happy, that it works now fine, but I still can't understand why the Open SQL-Statement has an appropriate ExecTime

in both cases and the Property Loader needs seconds when the cursor Type is set to Server?

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(922 Views)

Hi Norbert, Hi Scott,

Thank you both for your help. The loading of the Limits works pretty fast, since I changed the Cursor Location to Client.

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(906 Views)

I would assume that the server you are using is heavily utilized or is limited on resources so maintaining the cursor in the server will be slower than just pushing the appropriate data to the client and the client will then process it.

Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(880 Views)