NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmatically determine step count with nested sequences

I have a program that uses the count of steps in a sequence to determine progress. I currently use a sequence pointer to call GetNumSteps for each group. What would be the best way to expand this to handle subsequences? In other words, if I have a top level sequence with 5 main steps, 0 setup and 0 cleanup but one of the steps is a sequence call and that sequence has 10 main steps, 0 setup and 0 cleanup steps, I want the count to be 15 and not 5. Thanks.
-G-
-G-
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,005 Views)
I don't know how to do it in TestStand.  I'd have to call a step that ran a recursive code module to search the Sequence and Sub Sequences thereafter.

Steve
There are 10 types of people in the world that understand binary, those that do and those that don't.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,987 Views)
Steve is correct, you would have to set this up using recursion where you count steps and also go into sequence calls to count their steps as well. There is no native way to do this in TestStand, you would have to program this with your language of choice and call that recursive function.

Brandon Vasquez
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Brandon Vasquez | Software Engineer | Integration Services | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,973 Views)