NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Model Selection for New Execution

Hi All,

I am trying to tag a custom process model with a sequence that is being executed dynamically in TestStand.  At the moment I do a Sequence call with the "Use New Execution" option enabled.  I have selected "use a specific process model" for the new execution for the sequence call and have populated the model path and entry point fields.

So in module tab I have some like this:

Client Path or Reference:  <Dynamic Path to Sequence File that contains sequence to execute>

Model Path or Reference:  ThisContext.RunState.SequenceFile.Path

Entry Point:  "Single Pass_2"

And I pass the appropiate parameters to the sequence. 

Some execution behavior.

1.  The sequence is executing correctly.

2.  The process model being used is the station default process model, not the one that I have specified in the Model Path and Entry Point combination.

3.  If I use an entry point that exists in the station default process model it runs it instead of from my custom process model file.

4.  If I use an entry point that does not exist in the station default process model, it run the "Batch" process model.

5.  The current process model being used by the "MainSequence" that is responsible for launching the new execution uses the same process model, but different paths, and base names (that is the desired behavior).

So on point 5, is it possible for two seperate NI Teststand executions to use the same process model?  Am I not using the correct expressions for the New Execution sequence call in my main sequence?

In the end I want to use the same process model for both the main sequence and subsequence execution but different results paths and base names.

Any suggestions would be great.

Andrew

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,859 Views)

Update:

So the correct process model is executing (custom entry point being executed - although is being seen as TestUUTs type and not a single pass for some odd reason).  Additionally the ReportOptions Sequence is not being exuected.  the other Teststand sequence file does not have a definition for this sequence so I am assumming it should use the one contained in my process model file.  However, it appears to reference the default ReportOptions sequence (empty). 

Any ideas why my sequence is seen as a TestUUTs type and using the default ReportOptions from the original process model and not my modified version?

Andrew

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,853 Views)

Update:

If I include a ReportOptions sequence in the target sequence file, it will execute the ReportOptions sequence in the target file.  However,  I do not want to have to put a report options sequence in the target sequence file.  The custom process model is responsible for providing the default behavior, however the default behavior is not being obtained.  It still appears to be using the station's default (empty) ReportOptions sequence for some odd reason.

-Andrew

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,850 Views)