NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with TestStand (IVI) and the Agilent E3643A DC power supply

Hello,

i use TestStand 3.0 and the Agilent E3643A DC power supply. If i use the IVI driver in TestStand (functions like configure or initiate or ...) i get a beep and one of the following error messages: (!!!But the instructions are executed successfully!!!!)

-103 Invalid separator
An invalid separator was found in the command string. You may have used a
comma instead of a colon, semicolon, or blank space - or you may have used
a blank space instead of a comma.
Example: TRIG:SOUR,BUS or APPL 1.0 1.0
-113 Undefined header
A command was received that is not valid for this power supply. You may have
misspelled the command or it may not be a valid command. If you are using
the short form of the command, remember that it may contain up to four letters.
Example: TRIGG:DEL 3
(from the Agilent E3643A DC power supply data sheet)

I have installed the actual IVI driver from the NI device driver network. I use COM1 with following settings: 9600/8/None/2/DTR/DSR.

Is there something wrong with driver, the settings in MAX or with Hardware (Firmware?).

Thank you

Kai Schwekendiek
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,217 Views)
Dear Schwede,

is the driver the latest driver, which you can download from the website?
Take a look on the agilent website to search for the driver.
LINK: http://adn.tm.agilent.com/index.cgi?CONTENT_ID=2604
Could you test or communicate the DC Power supply in MAX?

Best regards.

SebastianN
NI Germany
Message 2 of 7
(4,183 Views)
Hello Sebastian,

i have the latest driver. The communication in MAX works and the communication with the Agilent driver (vi`s age364xa) in LabView works too. But if i want to communicate with the LabView driver (hp364xa) or with TestStand (ivi hp364xa) it don´t work. I think the problem is the initiate with options vi. There must be some parameters that don`t match with the device.
Driver problem? The NI driver runs with the hp364xa_32.dll and the Agilent driver with Visa.

Thank you

Kai
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,172 Views)
Hello Sebastian,

i have the latest driver. The communication in MAX works and the communication with the Agilent driver (vi`s age364xa) in LabView works too. But if i want to communicate with the LabView driver (hp364xa) or with TestStand (ivi hp364xa) it don´t work. I think the problem is the initiate with options vi. There must be some parameters that don`t match with the device.
Driver problem? The NI driver runs with the hp364xa_32.dll and the Agilent driver with Visa.

Thank you

Kai
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,171 Views)
Hello,

in the VIs of the package age364xa you can have a look into the VIs and use this commands in TestStand. Or you can make a VI using your commands with the age364xa-driver or with the visa driver and use this in TestStand. Another posibility is to ask Agilent.

Matthias K
Message 5 of 7
(4,154 Views)
Kai -
Have you tried to use NI-Spy to see specifically what commands are being sent to the instrument, and which command is failing. NI-Spy allows you to see the command text, any return values and any error details. NI-Spy is in the Start menu under the National Instruments program group. You can also export a trace for others to look at if necessary.

Scott Richardson
Scott Richardson
Message 6 of 7
(4,149 Views)
Hello,

thanks for your answers. I have made a vi with the agilent driver and use it in TestStand. But I think the NI driver don`t work. That is not good because I can`t use the IVI functions for it in TestSand.

Greetings

Kai
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,134 Views)