From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Sequential Model in Run-Time. OI Crashes.

I would like to ask for help for the following Problem:

I am trying to run an Operator Interface which I created based on the TS Simple OI.

TestStand 3.1f1
LabVIEW 7.1.1

The sequence I am running is using a few file Globals for data exchange between the steps and calling the main sequence in another sequence file, based on the UUT barcode. The barcode resolves the sequence file name, where the appropriate UUT test sequence is. Most of the Steps are Express VIs.

Basically: The main sequence file executes, its defines the UUT to be tested, calls the MainSequence in the appropriate sequence file which after the tests returns. The main sequence file than ends the test, a report is generated.

Everything runs perfect in the TestStand Development Environment (Sequence Editor), no problem at all. But with the Operator Interface I am having great problems.

It is very strange, but after the second Single Pass (I am always using this entry point with the sequential Model) the Operator Interface crashes: *always*, on the 3rd (!) run I get the following Error:

Run-Time Error
Details: No details available
Error Code:-17502; System Level Exception.
Location: Step 'Send Model State Message: 'Initializing'' of sequence 'Single Pass' in 'SequentialModel.Seq'
Step Description: Call Thread.PostUIMessageEx
Step Status: Error

This is a Error originated from the Sequential Model sequence. After this I get different behaviors, sometimes memory access crashes, sometimes LabVIEW.exe Aplication must be shut down, the OI won't work again.

The same Problem hapens if I use the standard TestStand Simple OI or the Full-Featured OI !!! But only if I start these OIs via LabVIEW. If I start the OIs via executable (.exe provided) than everything runs like in the Sequence Editor, that is, without errors! Do they use different LV Run-Times? How can this happen?

With the sequence editor (LV Adapter configured to work with LV Dev. System - active Version 7.1) the sequence runs perfectly! With an OI the sequence crashes after the 3rd. run! Why?

The Whole NI directory (with TS and LV) was masscompliled (LabVIEW 7.1.1).

Now I need some help, it is really important for my work to get this OI working! I am looking forward for any replies!Smiley Happy

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

- Caribe -
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,343 Views)
Hi Caribe,

If you skip the Step 'Send Model State Message: 'Initializing'' of sequence 'Single Pass' in 'SequentialModel.Seq', does everything work ok?

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,341 Views)

Hi Caribe,

I had a problem similar to this sometime back, see  http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=330&message.id=1229&query.id=364#M1229

it may or may not be related.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,331 Views)
Hi Ray,

well, I don't have any control on the SequencialModel.seq, it shouldn't happen that TestStand crashes here...

But I have the following standard options when the error occurs:

- Run clean-up

- Retry

- Ignore

- Abort

If I use the Ignore the system crashes anyway.

Sometimes I even don't get the error dialog, but directly an error of memory access - softare error - LabVIEW.exe
application must shut down, etc. But always after the 2nd single pass...

Thanks a lot for the link, any other ideas?

- Caribe -
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,331 Views)
Hi Ray,

the link you sent won't help me. I can't see any use for the dll that is posted there in the newer TestStand OIs. But thanks a lot! It is indeed a similar problem.

Does someone have any other ideas for the problem solution?

Best Regards,

- Caribe -
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,328 Views)
Hi Caribe,

At the moment I am un-able to reproduce your problem. I am using LabVIEW 7.1 and a TestStand beta, I have also used TestStand 3.0 and I am using the standard LabVIEW OI, run as exe and also the top level VI.
I shall try to get the update for LV7.1 and try again.

Regards
Ray Farmer

Message Edited by Support on 09-26-2005 03:06 PM

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,314 Views)
I am also unable to reproduce the problem.  I am using the Out-of-the-box Sequential Model as well as the LV Full OI with the Computer Motherboard (LabVIEW) example.  I can run Single Pass many times without any problem.

Can you isolate the problem down to a particular component (as many out-of-the-box components as possible), and post any of your code that can reproduce the problem?

Allen P.
NI
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,282 Views)