cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with function "DBConnect" in TestStand/LabWindows

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, good day.

I'm having some problems with the function DBConnect that I'm using in a personal function inside a DLL.

I have made a function called GetSensor which I know it works because I have used it and tested it in the LabWindows enviroment.

His function is return the value of some element in my database according of his input parameter, just that.

Program.png

My problem comes out when I tried to use that same function in TestStand, it seems that the DBConnect cannot work as in the same way of when it is used from LabWindows because always show a warning message, which is display only when the values of iHdbc are iHdbc==-11 or  iHdbc==-10.

Test.png

Error.png

The softwares that I'm using are:

Software.png

I know TestStand is opening the function from my DLL becasuse it always get in, but did not pass the part when try to connect to the database.

I think this could be a compatibility issue between LabWindows and TestStand, but I do not find where can I modify some options to fix this problem.

Thanks in advance. Any help you could give will be welcomed.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,196 Views)

Hi,

Looking at the code i dont see any issue wrt Teststand interface.

The variable passed from TestStand to CVI code is not used to connect to DB.

When you say it works fine with CVI only - did you try to build a  CVI application on the same machine with the same code and try?

If the CVI application also gives the same error then you need to install a CVI addon SQL toolkit for DB to work.

Hope this helps.

Ravi

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,070 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AlejandroMartinezMeza

I coud not answer before.

The solution to my problem with the function DBConnect was to use NI TestStand 2014 (32-bit) instead of the NI TestStand 2014 (64-bit) version I was using. Just that.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,032 Views)