NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Extraputty data read (RAW connection)

Hi,

I am using extraputty.dll calls in my teststand sequence. I need to use raw connection (or telnet in passive mode).

I am able to send commands from TestStand (using .dll calls) and I also can see the command and answer in Extraputty window BUT I can not get the answer strings back to TestStand. Any idea what is going wrong?

Please, see the attachments.

There you can see that I get the command and answer on the window but Locals.Response is string empty in TS (it is also empty if I try the same in LabVIEW).

In TS I call first Initialize (Connexion_F) then Send and Receive data (SendRcvData_F).

Br,

Jick

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,342 Views)

Hi there Jick, 

In terms of TestStand compatibility, it's best to ensure you have the latest version of ExtraPutty installed, as well as any necessary OS updates. 

I have however found a known bug on the ExtraPuTTY website for the most recent version, FS#32- TestStand Step SendRcvData_F : Buffer never empty, not sure if this is affecting the running of your sequence at all. 

Can I also check that you are using the Close Connection Step in the Close pallette with the same ConnectionId as previously used?

Could you please post in your Sequence File? It'll be easier then to see exactly when and how the error's occurring. 

Best Regards, 

Sarah Flanagan

Applications Engineering (NI UK and Ireland)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,308 Views)

As an add on to my previous reply, 

As I can see you said the Locals.Response string is empty in LabVIEW as well as TestStand, it seems to me that possibly the implementation of the DLL file is the issue. 

Ensure that your NULL termination character for your .dll file is consistent with what the target is expecting, otherwise TestStand and LabVIEW may not receive the string properly.

In terms of debugging, I'd recommend doing this within LabVIEW, then when you are able to receive the string in LabVIEW, transfer the application over to TestStand.

Kind Regards,

Sarah

Applications Engineering

NI UK and Ireland 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,290 Views)

I managed to get it work by using LV TCP vis and CRLF mode when reading.

Br,

Jick

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,179 Views)