From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem when compiling simple user interface .net Teststand 2014, trying to compile with older assembly references

Hello,

I have an operator user interface that is written in C# for teststand 2014. I have upgraded to 2014 SP1 but the test-pc's running the OUI does not have the 2014 sp1 installed.

I have made some changes to the UI, and now I'm trying to redeploy the UI (compiled in visual studio community 2015) but when I'm opening it on one of the test-pc's I get the following error:

This application is loading an applicationManager control that requires Teststand 14.0.1 or higher (see image for the exact error)

I tried to solve it by having the assembly references point to the previous version located in C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\TestStand 2014\API\DotNET\Assemblies\PreviousVersion\14.0\

but it outputs the same error as when it pointed at the 14.0.1 assembly reference. At the moment would I like to avoid to upgrade the test pc's and just compile it with the older application manager control, have anyone encountred this problem before?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,879 Views)

Hi mperss,

I have not had experience with this myself, but I spoke to a colleague who has tried doing this before. He reckons that there is no backwards compatibility because the assemblies used by Visual Studio to build the application are automatically set to match the version of TestStand selected via the Version Selector. Only one version TestStand can be active and can run at a time on any PC, and this is determined my what is set in Version Selector.

Could you try using version selector to set your active version to 14.0, and then compile your UI in Visual Studio? There is a help page on Version Selector here.

I'll give it a go myself if I get time, but if this doesn't work you might find you have to either upgrade the test PC's or make your changes to the UI in the older TestStand 2014. 

Best regards,

Leah E

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,843 Views)

Aha, It's probably more complicated than just changing the assembly references then.

My solution at the moment has been to remove 14.0.1 and reinstall 14.0.0, and that works.

When opening the project in Visual Studio when having version 14.0.1 installed the application manager control version is increased to match 14.0.1 but the reverse is not true, then the error message described in the first post is shown when opening the design view of the UI.

The solution I found was actually to remove the application manager control and reinsert it from the toolbox, then it had the correct version again. I did not have to do this to any other control.

Best regards

Marcus

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,827 Views)