cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private sequences?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, 

i'd like to have some sequences like kind of private, i.e., it would be visible just in its sequence file. I search for it and didn't find anything, I also found some old posts saying that this is not possible, but I was wondering if that changed meanwhile.

I saw the flags to hide, but that doens't work, because it also hides the sequence in its sequence file.

Does anyone know something about it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,309 Views)

Hi,

I don't know if this is the solution you are looking for but if we look on how namspaces can be used in text base codng laganges there is a pattern where you have a subname space where you have tha atual implementation e.g. MyNamesapce.IOReader.Implementation where the MyNamesapce.IOReader is the name space the user using the lib is acessing. This prevents all the internal clutter to distract the user  when using the lib. 

In test stand that woul be having an implementation sequnce file (preferably in a subfolder namend implementation or internals) which have all the Sequnces which are "private" and then have the actual Sequnce only containing the sequnce which you want to expose.

Hope this helps if not please and tell me if you want some more elaboration on some part.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,296 Views)

Hi Johan,

Thank you for your answer.

The thing is, that when I call a sequence file I don't wantto see all the sequences inside of it.
For example I have a sequence file to communicate with a  device and it has a SET and a GET sequence and then I also have some subsequences that I use in those SET and GET sequences, but I don't want to see them when I call thesequence file. Is that possible?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,290 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author HC04

Hi,

I have atatched a demo project showing what my intentions was with the previus post.

The SetGetLib has an interface file sequance wich uses internal sequnces file. This make all the interna clutter not visableto the user of the interface sequance file. The internal file could conatin many hunders of sequnces.

Hope this helps. If still unclear pleas tell me and I can elaborate some more on specifics.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,288 Views)

Disable Tracing into the sequence.  See the attached image.

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,283 Views)

Hi Johan,

Now I understood what you were saying. I was looking for a property to do that, in that way I would need just one sequencefile, but your solution works 🙂

Thank you for your help 😉

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,247 Views)

Hi,

Maybe this Idea for future relases 

could be interresting for you as well

http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand-Idea-Exchange/Add-some-OOP-feature-to-a-seqeunce/idi-p/1170207

Just rate.

Regards

Juergen

--Signature--
Sessions NI-Week 2017 2016
Feedback or kudos are welcome
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,244 Views)

Happy to here it did work out even if I understand it's a work around. And j_dodek I agree. That would be nice. Rated 🙂

Message 8 of 9
(4,241 Views)

Rated 🙂
Hope they add this feature in the future.

Thank you all

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,233 Views)