NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing XML report (with report.xsl stylesheet) shows font colors, but not table highlight colors

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to print the XML report generated by TestStand to a PDF in order to archive it.  When the XML report is rendered in Internet Explorer, everything looks fine -- Sequence names are highlighted in teal, Pass is in green, Fail is highlighted in red.

However, when I print this page to a PDF (using BullZip PDF printer, or even the XPS printer), all of the table highlighting is gone.  The UUT Result in the header is red or green font color depending on the pass/fail state, but sequence names and any formatting applied to tables within the body of the report have no highlighting.

Is the stylesheet altering what is rendered when the XML file is printed?

This is the output when viewed in IE 

IE display.png 

This is the output when viewed as a PDF printed from the same file viewed in IE.

PDF display.png

Thank you,

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,021 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MatthewHaentschke

Hey Matt,

This is actually because of a default setting in Internet Explorer to not print background colors on webpages. To change it, simply go to the Page Setup screen (on IE9, you click the gear icon, then Print > Page Setup) and select the option to print background images and colors. After doing this, the printed report should contain the colors you see on your screen.

Message 2 of 3
(5,017 Views)

That was exactly correct.  I feel a bit silly overlooking it :-p.

Thanks for the quick reply!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,008 Views)