NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing A Sequence File

Well for years I have used several canned test applications to internal ones developed in ANSI C.  The best systems whether canned or internal are very intuitive to work with.  What is so difficult in putting a print command in the File Menu.  Now the reason for this query is to find out why in TestStand when I'm told that if I want to print a sequence file, I need to go to Tool >> Sequence File Documentation.  But on my system, running TestStand 3.0 I get Tools >> Customize.  I can't believe I'm the only idiot who has run into this.  Do a search on the forum page "sequence file documentation" and I get only to hits.  Two hits, I thought a message board was to assist users. 

Frustrated Test Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,054 Views)

Tony,

I just looked at TestStand 3.0, and the Sequence File Documentation Tool is listed for me.  If your Tools menu is blank, go to the <TestStand 3.0>/cfg directory, and delete the ToolMenu.ini file.  Restart TestStand.  The file should be rebuilt for you with the default values, and your Tools menu should be restored.

Allen P.

NI

Message 2 of 7
(4,043 Views)

Allen,
    This does not work for me.  I looked for the ToolsMenu.ini as you suggested and did in fact find that it was 0KB with nothing inside.  I deleted the file, ran from CVI which launched TestSTand and went directly into TestStand and each time the file created was the 0KB file.  I ended up copying the file from another test development system using TestStand 3.0 and all is fine.  Your thoughts on this problem?

Tony

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,024 Views)
Tony,

It appears that TestStand will not autopopulate the tools menu if you delete the ToolsMenu.ini file.  I am seeing the same behavior that you are seeing.  I believe that some Cfg\ directory files will be automatically built, such as the TestExec.ini or Users.ini.

In the worst case scenario, you can repair your installation to get the original ToolsMenu.ini file back.

Tyler T.
NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,981 Views)
Hi

I have attached a toolmenu.ini which you can add to <TestStand>\cfg folder.

Anand Jain
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,976 Views)

Hi

I have attached the toolmenu.ini file.

Thank you

Anand Jain

National Instruments

Message 6 of 7
(3,973 Views)