From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Formatting for TR5_Horizontal Reports

Hi All,

The program I am working on generates TestStand reports using the TR5_Horizontal stylesheet.  Everything looks great when I view the report in Internet Explorer, but when I go to print it, the first column (which contains the step description) is formated to be very narrow, even though there is plenty of space for it to expand.  This means that each step description takes up many rows, and my printed report becomes many pages longer than it has to be.

Has anyone had success formatting the table properties to set column widths when printing?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Forbes Black
Lapsed CLAD, LV 5 - LV 2022 (Yeah, I'm that old...)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,454 Views)

I played with this today and I see how the table flows differently when printed than when displayed on screen. The only luck I had in getting it all on one line is when I scaled it down to 70-80% of its original size.

This seems to be a universal problem with HTML/XML tables (not specific to TestStand reports) since they are created programatically rather than being of a defined size and shape.

Alex W.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,421 Views)