From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preventing a Test Report From Being Created (From Withing The Main Sequence)

Hi everyone, I am running Test UUTs to run my "main sequence" file.  I have a step in my sequence that asks the operator to scan a barcode.  If the barcode is not valid I have a Test Stand message prompt that asks the operator if they would like to scan the barcode again or exit the test.  I notice if the operator selects exit test that the main sequence will immediately go to the cleanup (as I tell it to) and exit testing.  However, when the operator selects exit test a test report is still created.  How do I get the Test Report to NOT create if the operator hits exit test?

Thanks so much!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,269 Views)

You should consider moving your serial entry dialog to PreUUT.  A report will not be creating if they cancel from within there.

There's an example here: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052N-01/tsexamples/infotopics/process_model_parallel/

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 2 of 7
(4,255 Views)

Sorry I meant this link: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052N-01/tsexamples/infotopics/callbacks_preuut/

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
Message 3 of 7
(4,254 Views)

Jiggawax,

Thanks for the response.  Is there anyway within the main sequence to do this?  Or is this not possible?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,210 Views)

It is possible but probably not worth it.  You would need to get access to a Root (process model) variable.  So something like RunState.Root.Locals.ReportOptions.

Which version of TestStand are you using?  That could make a huge difference.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,204 Views)

Test Stand 2013

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,199 Views)

Are you using On The Fly reporting?  It will be too late in the MainSequence if you are.  You will have to go delete them off the disk.

Are you just concerned about the results being put on the report?  If so then just clear out your MainSequence Locals.ResultList.

Because everything is in Plugins it is not as easy to turn off report generation dynamically.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,173 Views)