NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibly dumb new user question: What does it take to get variables to show up in the variables reporting tab?

Solved!
Go to solution

I've been a LabVIEW user (2011) for about 1.5 years now and just got ahold of TestStand 2014 to try out as a structure for our future test needs.

I've been using it on and off for about 3 days and there's something that's been driving me nuts.  When I run a sequence and the report comes up at the end, there's three tabs on it:  Report, Steps, and Variables.  Report and Steps are exactly what I expect to see.   However, the Variables tab is always blank.  Nothing I have found via my technique of checking everything in the menus that looks vaguely related and right-clicking things on many objects and checking those menus for other vaguely related things as well.

I tried searching for references to it, and everything I get relates to the "Main" variables tab that you see when editing the sequence, not the one that comes up on the report.  

See the arrow in the picture below:

variables tab.png

I suspect there's something incredibly obvious that I am missing but it's driving me nuts here...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,042 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kyle97330

You won't see that populated when an execution is complete. The variables are worthless at that point.

If you want to see that tab populated pause the execution in the middle.  Or set a breakpoint.  Then you can look at the variables at run time.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,040 Views)

Thanks.  I had kind of tried that (I put a 20 second wait in the middle, and checked it then) but that's not the same as a pause or a break, so I still saw nothing.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,035 Views)