NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibility to abort the execution from within the PreUUT and MainSequence

Hello,

This is probably a TS newbie question that most of you can answer right away!

I'm using the sequential model to develop my test. I cannot figure out how to do terminate the execution from within the PreUUTLoop or MainSequence callback.
In the PreUUT you can manipulate the parameter ContinueTesting to indicate to the process model that you want to stop testing.
For the PreUUTLoop and MainSequence callback this parameter is not available.
I could modify the process model itself to also supply me this parameter for the PreUUTLoop and the MainSequence. (and check for it on return from these callbacks)
But, I was wondering, is there another (maybe even better) way to do this?

Thanks for the help!
noxus.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,856 Views)

Hi,

All you need is a Step that has the post action set to Terminate.

Alternatively you can perform the TS API Terminate or TerminateAll. I think Terminate is using the Execution method and TerminateAll is an Engine method.

Its best not to use the Abort, as this doesn't perform any Cleanups, whereas Terminate will.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 2 of 4
(2,851 Views)

Thanks, that's what I was looking for.

One extra question:

- From the PreUUTLoop callback it is working fine. (immediately stops the execution)

- From the MainSequence callback I still get the popup message "Next UUT" or "Terminate". Can I avoid this popup message and just Terminate the execution? (preferably without modifying the process model)

or, another alternative is that I disable the "Test UUT" entry point and only allow the user to select "Single Pass". Is that possible? Is it possible to disable the "Test UUT" entry point for the sequential process model?

Message Edited by noxus on 02-22-2007 04:17 AM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,851 Views)

Hi,

You probably need to do the Engine.TerminateAll via TS API adaptor rather than setting the post action which would be doing an Execution.Terminate.

Disabling the Test UUT's button would be quite involved, doing the other way is easier, and this can be done by changing the User Privileges for Execution. Infact the Operator user has only Test UUTs available.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,843 Views)