NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perforce SCC and 'Show Difference' problem

This is quoted from TS3.1 help file:

If you select to compare sequence files and you have either Microsoft Visual SourceSafe or MKS Source Integrity as your default provider, the TestStand Differ shows the differences between the two sequence files. If you have a provider other than Microsoft Visual SourceSafe or MKS Source Integrity, the diff utility for your provider presents the differences between the two files in a new window. In this case, the SCC provider diff window only allows you to diff the sequence files as text files. Unless the files have only minor differences, it is not practical to diff sequence files as text files. To diff the files as sequence files, complete the following steps:

So you can not really view differences to the sequence file when you use perforce.

Perforce SCC is able to launch any executable with 2 parameters given to it -> sequence files with different revision.
WHY IT IS NOT POSSIBLE to launch Differ Tool that is provided in SeqEdit to compare these sequence file? It is such a pain to do it manually all the time.
Is there anyway to programmaticaly launch differ tool? I know there are some command line options to SeqEdit.exe but this list does not have diff tool mentioned in it.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,782 Views)

kotl -
We are aware of this suggestions and would like to support it in the future. What I do is call "<TestStand>\Bin\SeqEdit.exe /useExisting", which opens the files in an existing sequenc editor and then select Ctrl-Shift-D to diff them. Not ideal but it works.

I also like to diff textually, so I actually have a selector program that runs first and it gives me the choice of either a text diff or the sequence editor, then based on the choice, it calls the appropriate application with the two files that it was given.

Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,764 Views)