NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pause Override in Subsequence

I'd like to be able to prevent an operator from pausing an exectuion within a subsequence but still be able to pause in other sequences/subsequences.  Additionally if the Pause is pressed whill executing in that subsequence, I'd like the pause to happen when the execution returns from the subsequence.  Is there a feature/setting that I am missing that implements this?  How could I implement this functionality with what is available?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,989 Views)

Are you using Batch, Parallel, or Sequential model?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,969 Views)

Yes,  but for simplicity sake lets focus on the sequential model.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,945 Views)

Are you using the sequence editor or a custom OI?

In the sequence editor I would be suprised if anything was possible to do what you are planning.

In a custom OI you would have options however. If you use the existing ActiveX controls and connect those to CommandKind_BreakResume again I don't think that you can win (I'm eager to learn if I'm wrong though).

If you use the TS API directly you can however filter a button click on the designated pause button and ignore (even grey out) if no button press should be allowed.

Concrete implementation depends very much on the architecture you have chosen.

Best regards

Mathis

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,941 Views)

I was thinking of something similar to the sequence run options "Sequence Call Trace Settings" where we can disable tracing in a sub sequence.  Looking for something like "Disable Pausing in Subsequence".

I'd like to not couple an OI and a sequence.  But along those lines, I haven't used attributes much.  Could we create a custom attribute that we would could handle in a custom OI that when a pause is pressed, if the attribute is true the pause is overriden.  This would solve the other desired feature to actually have it pause when the subsequece is complete.

Is there something we could by changing the execution options of the subsequence?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,910 Views)

There isn't a simply option to disable the pause button similar to the way that we change trace settings. As Mathis_B said, you could use the TestStand APIs to do what you need. Depending on your experience with TestStand and working with the API, this may be a tall order; since this a custom functionality, there is no set way to implement this. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,866 Views)