NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing information between parallel Teststand sequences.

The ExecutingCodeModulesInParallel example that came with Teststand 3.0 almost does exactly what I want. The example uses steps that run CVI. I am trying to create a LabVIEW equivalent of this example. Basically, I want a LabVIEW Display panel 1 to write to FileGlobals.Counter1 and a LabVIEW Display panel 2 to read from it during parallel execution.

Right now, I can’t seem to get the information to pass between the two displays.

Once I figure out how do this, I believe I will be able to apply it my specific task.

I’m a newbie when it comes to Teststand and LabVIEW. Any help would be greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,388 Views)

Hi,

Can you post your example with your two vi's

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,387 Views)

Here is the code. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,369 Views)

Hi,

The problems is your VI loops dont actual set the FileGlobals.Finish1 boolean and Counter1 until the stop buttons are press by which time you probably have missed them and like wise your other VI only reads the TestStand variables when the VI is launched.

You need to call the PropertyObject.SetValBoolean method either by using the appropiate VI from the Teststand palette or via the Invoke node. In the other VI you will have to call the PropertyObject.GetValBoolean method and GetValNumber method. This also means you will need to pass the SequenceContext to both VI's.

Have a look at the original example again and you will spot the relavant calls in the two C functions.

I will post you your modified VIs later today.

Hope this helps

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 4 of 8
(3,366 Views)

I was just going to say the same thing.   Thanks a lot Ray.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,356 Views)

Hi Sam,

No problem.Smiley Wink

regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,350 Views)
Thanks for the help. No need to post the modified VIs. It works now.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,344 Views)
Great Job RAY!!!!!
jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,341 Views)