From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing failed step name to a VI

Thanks folon 🙂

Your suggestion did the trick.

I added call back you suggested. From that call back I use NameOf(Parameters.Step) and assign it to global variable and read that variable from my sequence to get failed step name.

Thanks.
CVI 2010
LabVIEW 2011 SP1
Vision Builder AI 2011 SP1
Message 11 of 14
(1,268 Views)

@test_man wrote:

From that call back I use NameOf(Parameters.Step) 

Perfect! This is exactly what I was looking for, because it is not a standard part of the step parameter container to the PostStepFailure. This doesn't make a lot of sense to me, anyone care to explain?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(1,028 Views)

Hello GiuseppeNDP,

The SequenceFilePostStepFailure contains a step parameter. I think I am confused by what your question is about. If it is about the NameOf function, this link has more information on how it works (http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052N-01/tsfundamentals/infotopics/nameof/)

If you could please elaborate on your question that would be great. 

You also may see more community participation if you create a new thread and just link this one, as this thread is quite old. 

Best,

Spencer R

AE | NI

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(1,008 Views)

Hi, 

My question is as to why the NameOf function needs to be used in the first place rather than it being a parameter passed down such as Parameter.Step.NameOf. Only once I knew that the NameOf function works as a given for all containers in TestStand it made sense.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(1,001 Views)