cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing a Queue Reference as Sequence Parameter with LabVIew API

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am running a sequence from Labview with the entryPoint.Run method.

Now I want to pass a queue reference to TS in order to be able to use it as a parameter for an action step (the action should sent information through that queue). I have tried to pass the queue as parameter for the seuqence by setting valVariant of the subproperty object.

LabVIEW throughs error 1 when I try to setValVariant.

The reason why I want to do this is because I want to integrate the sequence execution in my Actor Framework project.

Is there a best practice to pass queue refs as reference to be able to send data to a running application?

Thanks in advance

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,943 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mthimm1

Hi Michael,

it is not possible to use LabVIEW queue references in TestStand since they are not sharing the same application instance. You can pass a queue reference as an integer (U32 or I32), but you cannot use it in TestStand.

I found 2 possibilities for you to use:

You can use Action Engines in LabVIEW to encapsulate the queue. There is some information about this option in this forum thread:

Solved: LabVIEW Queues and TestStand - Discussion Forums - National Instruments
http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/LabVIEW-Queues-and-TestStand/td-p/2554231

However, with this option you need to make sure that the shift register of the Action Engine does not leave memory

The recommended method is to create the queue in TestStand using the Synchronization Manager and to then open this queue in LabVIEW. There is an example available for this option:

Using TestStand Queues in LabVIEW - National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/example/30108/en/

I hope this information is useful for you!

Alex

Applications Engineering Intern, NI Germany
Certified LabVIEW Developer
Message 2 of 2
(3,905 Views)