NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing TCP Connection ID between steps in TestStand

I have an application where I open a TCP connection and pass the connection ID back to TestStand to be used in subsequent LabView modules.  I pass the ID between modules using controls and indicators in LabView.  This worked just fine until I converted my code to LabView 2009.  Now, in later modules in the sequence that use the connection ID, I get an error that states:

Error: TCP Read in read_tcp.vi->check_calibration.vi->check_calibration.vi.ProxyCaller
LabVIEW: An input parameter is invalid. For example if the input is a path, the path might contain a character not allowed by the OS such as ? or @.
=========================
NI-488: Command requires GPIB Controller to be Controller in Charge. [Error Code: 1, User-defined error code.]

This has something to do with the connection ID because I can move the code from the vi with the error to the vi where I actually open the TCP connection and it works just fine.  Once the Connection ID is passed out of that vi it seems useless.

Any ideas on how I can fix this????

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,287 Views)

How are you passing the connection id between the steps ? Are you using locals variables ? If you suspect any type casting that is affecting your connection id, try passing the connection id between the VI's using functional globals.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,185 Views)
Another option might be the session manager.
Now Using LabVIEW 2019SP1 and TestStand 2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,173 Views)

Hi I am also Facing  similar issue with  UDP

if I call  the read/ write in  Init Vi   it works

but if I have the Read/ Write as another step it gives the NI-488 Error ( well I use  classes )

funny thing is  the whole  setup was working   a moth back

we just made  few additions to the project 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,407 Views)

Hey aparab,

I tried a very simple case of passing the UDP connection ID between steps and it worked properly, so I must not be testing with the same code you're using. Could you provide a bit more detail on your configuration? Perhaps some screenshots or even the VIs you're using might be helpful. I'm not exactly sure how you're implementing the class, and I'd like to be able to set up my test to match your system. Let us know!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,378 Views)

Hello Daniel

thanks for the response

well the solution I found is such

In Labview Adapter configuration >>  Reserve loaded VIs  for Execution [TRUE]

this setting was unchecked by me previously therefore  Teststand closed the previous vis where I would INIT the  UDP

now i  have cheked this   setting and   its functional  now!!

thanks again for the   fast   response.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,374 Views)