NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pass data to and from teststand step to another VI which is not called from teststand

Hi,

We do not want to use operator interface (Shipped with teststand) example as we want to run test sequence one by one defined by user in a list. We have found a way to run test sequence using labview but there are few test steps which require user inputs. Also we want to show DAQ readings done in teststand steps on operator interface.

Operator interface will not be run from teststand due to certain constraints. Can anyone tell me any way to transfer data to and from Labview code to teststand steps.

Gaurav k
CLD Certified !!!!!
Do not forget to Mark solution and to give Kudo if problem is solved.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,627 Views)

I hope this can help you.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,616 Views)

HI Norbert,

Thanks for reply but we have Teststand 2013 and LabVIEW 2013. Can you please provide downgraded version?

Gaurav k
CLD Certified !!!!!
Do not forget to Mark solution and to give Kudo if problem is solved.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,563 Views)

Norbert_B,

I have installed this example and looking at the final solution. The application fails because it cannot perform the Load Configuration.

Loading the process model file BlackUI_BatchModel.seq in the SeqEditor there is a step in Initialize Execution Entry Point whichs calls Load Configuration in ModelSupport.seq. This sequence doesn't exist in the default ModelSupport.seq and I cannot find any mention in Developer Manual BlackUI.docx. There isn't a modified ModelSupport.seq as part of the installation so where does it come from.

regards

Ray Farmer

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,545 Views)

I responded to a thread some time back with some example code.  I just used queues to transfer information between TestStand and LabVIEW.  If you don't want to go with my approach there are also some links to UIMessages in that same thread.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-to-send-a-TestStand-variable-to-Labview/m-p/3262773

Edit:  I was curious so I went back through the example I posted.  The code shows going from TestStand -> LabVIEW, but it works both ways.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,539 Views)

Sorted my problem with ModelSupport. I had to run the Legacy Mode Switcher. Now the Example BlackUI runs fine.

regards

Ray

Message 6 of 7
(3,525 Views)

@Gak wrote:

HI Norbert,

Thanks for reply but we have Teststand 2013 and LabVIEW 2013. Can you please provide downgraded version?

Sorry, but currently i cannot downconvert the examples.

However, i think i could already help you to read through the word document of the User Instructions example. It uses TestStand Synchronization steps and LV accesses these items (queue, notifier; whichever is suited better) like Bowen states. This is the way to go to tighten the data transfer between TestStand execution and code modules.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,455 Views)