NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pass Variable To TestStand From .INI File

Solved!
Go to solution

As the subject line says, How can I "Pass Variable To TestStand From .INI File?"  I want to use a numeric value as a Precondition.  The normal value will always be 0x0A, but on occassion for troubleshooting purposes I would like to use a 0x01.  Our sequence files are released and so I can't change the variable in TestStand.  Your thoughts.  Thanks.

Tony Jocius

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,680 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TonyJ

Hi Tony,

You have a couple options as I see it. You can use the a Property Loader Step in TestStand to import a value for the specified variable prior to the step with a precodition, or you can use a code module to read the value from the INI file and pass that to your TestStand variable.

Unfortunately the Property Loader in TestStand does not support the *.ini file type, so if that is a necessity, you will need to use a code module to read the value from the file. Either way, this will require adding a step to the sequence to actually import the value.

Steven Gloor
Staff Customer Engineer - CTA, CLD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,677 Views)

Would it be possible to use another file type like .dat or .txt instead of .ini file?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,673 Views)

@TonyJ wrote:

Would it be possible to use another file type like .dat or .txt instead of .ini file?

Hope, .txt,.csv,.xls can be used, to explore more use property loader in Teststand Sequence and find the available information

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,653 Views)