From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pass Parameters from PreUUT to main Seq.

Hi,

I can use globals.

but wld like to implement by passing the   date read in a preuut callback to  main Seq  or other  Sub-Sequences

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,214 Views)

Your options are this:

1- FileGlobals

2- Functional Globals in a code module

3- Modify the process model so that those other callbacks have the new parameter and then pass it around in the process model

4- StationGlobals

Your best bet is option 1.  My rule of thumb is this:

Avoid StationGlobals at all costs.  Try not to modify the process model unless you absolutely need to or you are customizing for everyone.  Avoid FileGlobals in any blue sequences (normal sequences) as these should be paramaterized.

The problem with option 2 is that you could easily eliminate it from memory by inadvertantly calling unload all modules.

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,211 Views)

Thanks Jigg for the response,

currently I am using File globals   , but am in the process of optimising  the code

therefore  the ? .

also as I get it,  the Parameters are of no use when  data transfer  from  callbacks to the main seq

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well if I have parameters in Preuutloop call back  then I do get error message

"" Type of argument expression 'Locals.ModelPluginConfiguration' is incompatible with parameter 'abc'. Expected Number, found Container.""

regards

aparab

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,193 Views)

Hi aparab,

can you elaborate your question and give me one or two screenshots, so I get an idea of your situation.

Best regards,

Christoph

Staff Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD), Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer (CLED)

Don't forget Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark a solution if your problem is solved
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,158 Views)

Servus Christoph,

as seen in the   png file preuut,

I read data from Database in the  file-globals   (Batt*)   so I want  to use it in my main seq.

now  my christmas-wish  is to  use parameters  instead of file globals  .

now if i add   a parameter to  my preuut callback i get an error as in  preuut_error.png

regards

akshay

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,153 Views)

You cannot just add parameters to callbacks like that.  You have to go into the process model and update the calls to them if you want to do that.  I don't recommend doing that though.

In this case FileGlobals are the best choice.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,136 Views)

hi Jigg,

ya I got that initially.

just wanna  explain the issue.

regards