NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameter 'error out':LabVIEW version '14.0' is not installed:

I am very new to TestStand.  I am doing some tutorials and all the lv files were in LV 10, I have LV14 Development.  I have changed the adapter settings to "use active Labview Version 2014 SP1", I have made all the vi's in the tutorial folder writeable (they were read-only) and recompiled them all in LV 2014.

The vi Icon is showing up under the module I am trying to run, all the parameters show up and the Value expressions pass the "Check Expression for errrors'

However when I run this simple tutorial which just has a Message Popup and the String Value test modules it errors out on the LV module saying that LV is not installed...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,824 Views)

Were the VIs recompiled on the same machine?

What about calling a brand new VI that wasn't in LV10?

64 or 32 bit?

Is LV development open on that machine (it shouldn't need to be but just for sanity sake ensure that it is already open)?

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,815 Views)

Recompiled on the same machine

Lv 10 vis return the same error

Tried with lv open and closed

Created a brand new vi and calling it causes the same issue

The only thing: lv 2014 is 32 bit and testtand is 64 bit, I though that could be a problem?  Adapter settings do pick up lv 2014 sp1 just fine though.  I am able to open the vi from test stand just fine as well.

Testsand is running in legacy mode

P.S.  should I be running test stand 32 bit is 64 bit problematic?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,813 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,805 Views)

Thanks a lot!

However, I have tried this intuitively, before I even read this article...this still returns the same error.

1. Navigate to Configure»Adapters...
  2. Select the LabVIEW adapter and click the Configure button.
  3. Click the LabVIEW Development System radio button and click the Use Active 32-bit Version radio button.
Message 5 of 8
(5,801 Views)

I have figured this out, the problem was - each vi in the sequence had the path input and the syntax was wrong.  Seems like that error code is the generic code for TestSTand

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,771 Views)

you would think that it wouldn't even run if this were the case.  Did you analyze the sequence before running it?  Just curious if it reported something suspicious.

Glad you figured it out.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,768 Views)

Yes, I have analyzed.

Let me correct myself - the syntax of the path was right, the path itself was not pointing to the right location.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,749 Views)