NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel model - no response

Hello, 

I work in Power-One (Slovakia) company where we have 14+ ATEs with TestStand3.5... Most of them uses SequentialModel.seq and works OK, but one of them which uses ParallelModel.seq is "stopping work" and we have no more response from TestStand3.5 [application must be killed by Windows(XP) task manager].

TestStand3.5 is stopping work when it comes in ParallelModel.seq to notification test step "Wait for Dialog" or "Wait for Controller" [Wait(Parameters.TestSocket.WaitForControllernotification) - when I tried to skip this step, TestStand never stopped working and works fine].

Do somebody know how we could solve this issue please?

[With old PC on ATE, TestStand was stopping work at this step not very often, but after we upgraded PCs on all ATEs, it's stopping work all the time]

Best regards,

Jaroslav Janicek

Design Test Engineer

Power-One Slovakia

jaroslav.janicek@power-one.com

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,413 Views)

Are you overriding the PreUUT and PostUUT callbacks? Is the sequentialmodel.seq you are using modified from the original teststand version? If so, did you make the equivalent modifications to parallelmodel.seq? Most likely the issue is with custom modifications of the process models.

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,398 Views)

Hello Doug, thank you for reply.

We do not override PreUUT and PostUUT callbacks. SequentialModel.seq is little bit modified from the original TestStand version and ParallelModel.seq is modified in the same way. (I'm attaching it here - P1ParallelModel.seq)

I also supposed that some of our custom modifications is the reason of this issue, but probably it's not, because TestStand is stopping work also with original ParallelModel.seq [ always when it reach the notification test step which calls the function Wait(Parameters.TestSocket.WaitForControllernotification) ]

I also tried to recompile "modelsupport2.dll" in CVI8.1 (successfuly) but it didn't help.

Best regards,

neproy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,389 Views)

Neproy,

One thing I wasn't sure about--is this issue just happening on one machine, or on several? If it's just happening on a single computer, I would suggest trying it on a different machine to narrow down where the issue might be.

Since the Parallel model must wait for all test sockets to complete, is it possible that one of the sockets is unable to end its execution? Perhaps there is a code module or sequence that is not terminating when intended, and is causing the overall execution to halt at this point. 

Finally, does this also happen with a simple test sequence, or do you only see it with your actual test sequence for the ATE?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,380 Views)