NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PASS/FAIl test not working

Hi all,

I am new to TestStand. I am using LabVIEW with TS applications. I have a VI that gives TRUE or FALSE output.

I am pretty sure that there is no problem with the VI. TestStand executes the next steps if the output is TRUE, but for FALSE result it just stops there forever.

Is something with my configuration? I tried executing some PASS/FAIL demo programs- but no problem with the demo codes.

Please Help.

Thanks,

Shiva

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,315 Views)

How to I edit the Status expression?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,311 Views)

Try single stepping from TestStand into the Labview and back for that particular step.Simulate fail condition and check where it gets stuck.

FYI - There is a menu setting execute-->Break on step failure.If this setting is ON then  TestStand stops execution when a step fails.

Since other programs run fine this may not be the case unless your test sequence is setting this up programmatically.

You cannot edit status expressions for NI step types like Pass/Fail.You can make your own step types and do it.

What is that you want to do using status expressions?

Ravi S

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,299 Views)

Hi Shiva,

any chance you could upload your simple TestStand sequence file and LabVIEW vi (again a simple one) so we can see what you're setting up?

If the demo's work (<TestStand>\Examples\Demo\LabVIEW\Computer Motherboard Test\Computer Motherboard Test Sequence.seq ) then are there any setting differences in your vi call compared to the settings on the simple pass fail steps in that demo?

Thanks
Sacha

// it takes almost no time to rate an answer Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,289 Views)

Hi Ravi,

Thank you very much. Yes. you are right. The sequence call  is causing the problem. If the result is okay then no problem, but it stops everything if something fails.

How do I fix this problem?

The status expression field for Sequence call is

(Step.Result.Status=="Done" && (Step.TS.SData.ThreadOpt ==0 || Step.TS.Data.ThreadOpt==3))? "Passed" : Step.Result.Status

I tried my pass/fail test as the first step of the program(one step above the sequence call)- it actually worked. .

Any solutions? Thanks for your time.

Thanks,

Siva

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,277 Views)

Is it possible to share the test sequence with the VI?

Did you try single stepping your test sequence?

Once you shortlist the step that gives the problem you can further debug by single stepping into the respective LV vi from TestStand.

Ravi S

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,265 Views)

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for the reply. I am sorry but we are not allowed to copy files or screenshots from the TestStand PC.

I will try doing single stepping and post the results.

Thanks,

Shiva

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,262 Views)

Hey Shiva,

On your Sequence Call step, if you go to the Step Settings and look on the Post Actions screen, what behavior do you have set for "On Fail"? It's possible that this is set to terminate execution, rather than continuing on to the next step. If that's the case, it would cause the behavior you are seeing.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,254 Views)