NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcurrent condition example, help improve it.

I have this on real life running and it works. but i was wondering if it could be improve or another approach can be taken.

This is the scenario:

You have a test and you want to monitor the current by quering your power supply and detect an overcurrent condition, if an undercurrent condition occurs, quickly turn off the power supply and exit the test.

So we have the Main thread that run for simulation purposes a pass fail pop up. And a Thread to  query the power supply and check overcurrent conditions.

Both threads need to communicate, because if everything is fine and Main thread finishes, it should send a notification to overcurrent thread to tell her that it is ok now exit.

that way teststand will be able to exit properly and not hang waiting for a thread to complete.

please check it out. And comment if it is ok or if it needs some other approach.

thanks

CLAD, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,986 Views)

What were you hoping to improve specifically? If the applicaiton works currently I would say stick with that unless you have a certain aspect you would like to improve. Take a look at the link below for further documentation on TestStand best practices. 

TestStand Advanced Architecture Series:

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/7022/en/

Neil
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,949 Views)