NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of memory error

Hi all,

I have a teststand sequence that runs 4 sub-sequences. Each sub-sequence is a complete Test and can be run individually.

If I run each of the tests individually I have no memory errors but if I run them all together, it runs out of memory.

I tried to load each sub-sequence Dynamically and Unload all modules at the end of each sub-sequence but it appears that the memory (looking at task manager) does not decrease.

When watching the test run through, the memory increases on each sub-sequence (lots of labview VI's processing data) until it crashes

Is there a way to clear the memory after each sub sequence?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,368 Views)

Seems, that you have problem with ResultsList container. It happens, if you have some steps/subsequences generate a lot of results, and TS is storing them during these subsequence running. 

Try to disable for all steps ResultLogging option; and check the performance.

Also, could you check memory usage of your LabVIEW code modules? Maybe, they have issue with it...

logos_middle.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,318 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately the memory is building up in Labview (not many results in TestStand) and the Labview is a 32 BIT version.

Unfortunately the code was given to me to use from another test station so not sure if I can change it so was hoping to fix the issue in TestStand.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,301 Views)

This document might be helpful:

Investigating Memory Growth Issues in LabVIEW Code Modules Called from TestStand

I also recommend taking a look at the parent document.

-Trent

https://www.linkedin.com/in/trentweaver
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,297 Views)

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,284 Views)

You may receive an “Out of Memory” error message because of the desktop heap limitation. After you open many application windows, you may be unable to open any additional windows. Sometimes, a window may open. However, it will not contain the expected components.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,220 Views)