NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order of switch closures if concatenated

Hi,

I wanted to know when you concatenate several switch routes in the Switching Tab under "Routes to Connect" in order to close several routes under one step, which one of the routes gets closed first.  Does NI-Switch driver parse it left to right or right to left or is it done some other way?

Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,430 Views)

Hello Guy04,

I don't see the same view that you are looking at.  What version of Switch Executive are you using?  If you are referring to routes that are all in one group, the switches will all close almost simultaneously, separated by a clock cycle of the FPGA.  Is it important to you at this level what order they close in?

Regards,
Laura

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,405 Views)
Yes, the order is important...

Version is Teststand 3.5

What I meant by concatenating is instead of selecting a route from the drop down next to "Routes To Connect" to use the Expressions tab f(x)  and type in manualy:

"Route1 & Route2"

where Route1 and Route2 are seperate routes that are not in a route group.  This will close both Route1 and Route2 but I needed to know in what order?

I can easily call to close these routes in different steps but I'm trying to simplify my program by closing two routes in one step.

Thanks for you help.

Message Edited by Guy04 on 08-23-2006 08:09 PM

Message Edited by Guy04 on 08-23-2006 08:10 PM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,403 Views)

Hello Guy04,

It seems that order can't be determined.  Please see this section from the NI Switches Help:

I think the best solution is to call the routes in different steps, like you mentioned.

Regards,
Laura

Message Edited by Laura F. on 08-25-2006 07:14 AM

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,371 Views)

Guy04 -

If you do not want to use the switching tab, you can use the switching expression functions separated by a comma, ex.

SwitchConnect("device", route1), SwitchConnect("device", route2),...

This way the TestStand will execute each call in the order that they appear in the expression.

Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,278 Views)