NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operator interface unkown problem

I'm trying to build my first operator interface under CVI. This application is very simple, no report view, no sequence file view. I can create debuggable executable in CVI.  However, when I try to run it, it pops up an unknown error. See attached source code
  I was investigating on this problem for whole day and it distracted me that I could not find its root cause. So I have to ask for help here, and beg somebody can kindly help me resolve this problem.

Thanks a lot!
Jacky
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,611 Views)
Unfortunately you have various errors in your application, so it is hard to fix everything, but here are some hints:
1. You need all three managers on the frontpanel (Application Manager, SequenceFileView Manager, ExecutionView Manager).
2. You need to get Object Handles from ALL controls. You frogot some (The SequenceView control for example)
3. Don´t mix up "SequenceFileVIew" and the "SequenceFileView Manager"
4. Use the correct Object handles in your functions. You can not use the handle of the SequenceView Control, where the SequenceView Manager is needed.

To make it short: My recommodation would be, that you study the sipped example for the simple CVI operator interface, that you can find in the teststand folder under TestStand 3.x\OperatorInterfaces\NI\Simple\CVI\TestExec.cws
Message 2 of 2
(2,588 Views)