NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operator Login

hi,

can you post your users.ini file.

Also I sent my deployment example with the use TestStand User folders option, produced a rebuild, and then checked the cab file. The Users.ini was present.

I am not sure wants going on with your system as yet.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 28
(2,046 Views)
hi,

Can you post your deployment tool build file (*.tsd).

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 28
(2,045 Views)
I was able to get the login (new users) to show up at the target. It ended up being that I needed a checkmark next to Models in the Distributed Files tab of the deployment.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 28
(2,034 Views)
ok 🙂

Ray.
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 28
(2,033 Views)
I had skipped the issue of user priviledge for a while, but now have to address it. I updated the names of many of the users (in the users.ini file) via the View::UserManager area. According to a Note on p8-8 of the TestStand I:Introduction - Course Manual,

"Note: When deploying your system, you should add the contents of the \Cfg directory to the deployed workspace file in order to reproduce a test station."

I created a project within my workspace that contains the contents of the \Cfg dir and I told TestStand to install these files in the Installation Directory and \Cfg subdirectory. This still didn't work.

I noticed a note in this thread that said "I was able to get the login (new users) to show up at the target. It ended up being that I needed a checkmark next to Models in the Distributed Files tab of the deployment. ", so I tried that again. This time it didn't work.

I'm not sure how I was able to get the current user list to show up (since it's not the default), but now I really need to change the users.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 28
(1,998 Views)
When you create your installer, are you loading the workspace file that you created? Under distributed files, you should see your Cfg directory with your Users.ini file inside the directory. If you create an image of your installation, you should also see that directory included in the image. When you distribute the application, your users.ini file should be installed within that directory. If you are not seeing that directory, that could be the issue.

Tyler T.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 28
(1,976 Views)
Yes. The Cfg directory gets installed and the users.ini file is in it. I'm wondering if I didn't do something wrong within the User Manager area that creates the Users.ini file. I've attached the file (but re-named it to users2.ini since I altered it to remove a password) - maybe someone can see something wrong in there. Essentially what I did is add a technician, developer, generic_op as users, and I added a password to the administrator (which I've altered for this e-mail). Hopefully someone sees an error in there.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 28
(1,972 Views)
Hi,

Does the Users.ini file work for your development machine. That is, when you choose to Login, do you see all the available users from your Users.ini file? If so, then you should see the same set of users on your distributed systems. I cannot see anything wrong with your Users.ini file.

Thanks,

Tyler T.
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 28
(1,922 Views)