NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operator Interface Crashed LabVIEW

TestStand 2014, LabVIEW 2013.

Hello,

I am using the Simple Operator Interface (LV) to launch my TS sequence. The first time I open it and click Test UUT's the test runs just fine. I am using the Batch Model and can continue to test units. But if I stop the OI and then run it again, when I click Test UUT's LV crashes instantly with no warning. Yesterday all was working fine. Today the only thing I have changed is I added in UIMessaging from TestStand in many steps. When this started I had a UI that was doing something with those messages. I thought that may have been the problem so I went back to the most basic included OI. It is still happening.  Any ideas of why LV would crash when I try to Test UUT's the second time? Below is an example of how I am sending the UIMessage.

In Pre/Post Expression, depending on the step, I have 

RunState.Thread.PostUIMessageEx(

UIMsg_UserMessageBase+1,

"String to Send",

Nothing,

True)

Thanks,

Jesse

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,477 Views)

Update.

I have tried a new file in the same Operator Interface and it works fine.

With the original sequence file I launch the VI, press Test UUTs, it runs. I can run as many UUTs as i need. Stop the VI after the run finishes. Run the VI again, press Test UUT's and CRASH. LabVIEW closes immediately and when I open it again it is in recovery mode. 

NOW, if I run the VI just like above but after I stop it I completely close out of LV, then reopen from scratch it works again for one batch. 

Any ideas? I think it must be something in the sequence file that is doing it because everything works fine with a new file with just one step.

Thanks,

Jesse

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,455 Views)

Are you closing all the resources at the end of the sequence?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,366 Views)

I am unsure. I have more info which does seem to point to that. Now when I open the OI I get a warning "Some sequence files were not released the last time the TestStand Engine was destroyed". Where should this be done? If I manually close the sequence file, by pressing  "Close Sequence File" button in OI before Exiting the OI, this warning does not show up the next time.

Thank you,

Jesse

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,362 Views)

This forum may help you, I think it was the same issue and it was solved.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/TestStand-Warning-message/td-p/12566

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,336 Views)