From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only display LabView Action in Report

Hi,

I am using TestStand to coordinate a lot of single tests programmed in LabView. To make it easier and to have a better overview, I made an own sequence for each test. So the main sequence consists only of sequnence calls. Now my problem: The report displays the status of the sequence call, and of the test which was called by the sequence call.
But I only want to display the status of my LabView tests, eg numeric limit test. I do not want to have any status of a sequence call or any "done" status (message box, if,...etc)  or something else. I  just want to display pass/fail of the LabView action.  How can i realize this?

Regards
Daniel
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,756 Views)

Hi,

You maybe able to setup the report filter to this, but I think the options are "All", "Failed" and "Skipped/Passed/Done" to exclude from the results. ( I dont have TestStand at hand at the moment but can confirm this later if someone else hasn't done so)

If this is the case, then your options are:

1. To modify the reportgen_[xml | html | txt].seq, the sequence you would be looking to change would be the "PutResultsInReport". If you are using XML generated results, it maybe be possible to modify the schema rather than change the sequencefile. (Not sure about this)

2. Remove the SequenceCall results from the Locals.ResultsList in MainSequence, problem in the Cleanup before you exit MainSequence.

I hope this helps

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,752 Views)
Ray Farmer,

I am using the xml report. But I could not find the "PutResultsInReport" sequence. Where do I have to look? In reportgen_xml.seq?

Thanks for your help
Daniel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,748 Views)

Hi,

As I was writing my initial response, I had a feeling that the xml sequencefile was slightly different, hence my comment about changing the schema.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,740 Views)