From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On-The-Fly Database logging with TS3.0 and MySQL

Calvin -
One of the reasons I did not consider exporting the GUID is multiple values are generated for a single multinumeric limit test and for any parent sequence call step that has not been logged yet. It is quite complicated. Also if I allowed the schema to specify where to store the GUID, when an execution has multiple threads, the stored values could be immediately lost because each thread can log at the same time.

This type of customization goes beyond the scope of the general feature and my suggestion would be to customize the DLL since you have the source. The DLL is compiled with MSVC and it just uses ADO, Session Manager and TestStand. All of these are included in the StdAfx.* files.

Since the result is a clone of the original step result property, you could modify the logging DLL to insert the generated GUID as a property on the result, say Logging.StepResult.GUID and Logging.StepResultProperty.GUID. You would have to set the flag InsertIfMissing. So the GUID would be available after the step runs. Any additions like this to the result will be visible to any other component that processes results, i.e. Report Generation. Might be worth a try.
Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 11
(787 Views)