NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPC connection with Teststand

I'm trying to arrange a lokal host OPC connection in which Teststand shall work as the client. The Problem is that Teststand isn't able to find the server to connect to.

In the "specify module dialog" there are lots of servers listed, but not the one I shall use. Are there any ideas how I can allocate the server to Teststand by hand?

Or do I have to use for example LabVIEW as an adapter between Teststand and the server?

regards, Michael

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,572 Views)

I don't know what servers you are talking about in the "specify module" dialoge, but i asume that you are using the ActiveX-adapter.

Well, if your OPC-server supplies any ActiveX-server, you can interface with it using the ActiveX-adapter, but that would be the first server i heared from...

So i recommend you to implement a proper API to the OPC-server using a programming language like LabVIEW.

hope this helps,

Norbert 

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,571 Views)

Michael,

For your information, there is a new TestStand Add-on "OPC DA Connect" which adds a StepType Palette dedicated to OPC Data Access.

You can configure each step by browsing the OPC servers on your network and browsing variables within these servers.

This toolkit has free deployment licence.

Hoping this helps.

Jean-Louis SCHRICKE
CTA - Certified TestStand Architect (2008 - 2022)
CTD - Certified TestStand Developer (2004 & 2007)
CLD - Certified LabVIEW Developer (2003 & 2005)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,180 Views)