NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Numeric Limit Test is not assigning variables in post expression (TS2010 SP1)

Hello all,

I have faced very strange problem using Step properties of "Numeric Limit Test" in post expressions:

I have several variables which stores values for DataSource and Limits of "Numeric Limit Test" step. I'd like to assign these variable values to another variables in the post expression. 

The problem is I can not get the values in the post expression, I don't understand why. If I use another step and "PreviousStep" I can assing them properly but I would like to do it in the post expression instead.

Also I have try to disable the "Optimize non-reentrant calls...". If I disable It, I have "0" value in my variables, if I enable it, I have the value of last execution.

You will see very easy in the attached small sequence as example of this issue.

Someone has idea of what and why is this happening?

Many thanks,

Hector.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,217 Views)

Your problem is that you are using expressions for all 3 of those.  If you look at the step properties you will see that there is a Step.Limit.HighExpr.  When you don't put a direct value into that field it uses the Expression to evaluate against.  The other issue the Expression gets evaluated at run time and so you won't see the values except in the results.

The same goes for the DataSource.  Usually the data source is set to Step.Result.Numeric.  In your case you have a different expression in there.  So your evaluation will happen against the expression in Step.Result.DataSource. In fact Step.Result.Numeric probably doesn't get set to anything.

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,214 Views)