From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Numeric Limit Test - Several arrays and 1 limit set per array

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello !

I am quite new to Teststand and I get stuck with an issue of which the solution should not be that intricate ... (I think ...).

I would like to use a "Numeric Limit Test" vi (LabVIEW module). This vi returns 3 arrays and I would like to define 1 "min/max" set for each array.

i.e. :

ARRAY1 => each element compared to min1 & max1

ARRAY2 => each element compared to min2 & max2

ARRAY3 => each element compared to min3 & max3

For 1 array, I found this solution : I write Locals.ARRAY1[RunState.LoopIndex]  in "DataSource" and all the elements of the array are compared to the limits I have chosen. Of course, when I add 2 arrays, the same limits are compared to those new arrays but I would like to allocate 1 limits set to 1 array.

Does anyone have an idea of an easy solution ?

My Teststand code and the little vi are here below if it might help.

Thank you in advance !

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,531 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gvanhoeke

Consider this example.  The trick is Repeat One Measurement on the Data Source tab.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Download All
Message 2 of 4
(4,528 Views)

Damn ! It seems so easy the way you have solved this ! I definitely like this solution and you answered my next question ("How can I get to know which element of the array was not in the limits?") at the same time ! Smiley Very Happy

Thank you ! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,524 Views)

Glad it worked. 

Good luck!

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4