From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-sequential enum causes error

Solved!
Go to solution

When calling a .NET object that has a property that sets an enum value, I am getting a runtime error in the .NET code if the enum is defined such that each value is not a sequential number (as in a bit mask). If the values are sequential there is no problem. In both cases, the sequence editor shows a drop down with the names of the enum values but puts the name in quotes.

Does TestStand handle enums with non-sequential values properly?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,588 Views)

What version of TestStand are you using? Are you passing the values as a string or as a number? How are you constructing the combined value (i.e. what does your expression for the parameter look like)?

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,569 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Skeptical

It works for me if I specify the values separated by commas or specify the value numerically. For example:

[Flags]

public enum mybitfield
    {
        myval1 = 0x1,
        myval2 = 0x2
    }

For the above bitfield, to specify both values for a parameter you can either specify:

"myval1, myval2"

0x1 | 0x2

0x3

Any of the above worked for me in both TestStand 4.2.1 and TestStand 2010.

Hope this helps,

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,530 Views)

Thanks. I've gotten diverted on something else so I haven't been able to respond. I'll look at it again.

Thanks for your respons.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,526 Views)