From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Switch gives Class not registered

We use LabVIEW drivers to operate equipment.  We are using LabVIEW 2012 SP1 and TestStand 2012 SP1.  Our drivers are put into Packed Libraries and used in TestStand.

We have a system in China that is a duplicate of a system in the U.S.  The tests in both places run without issue, but when we close down our system and try to cleanup our drivers, the U.S. system has no issues, but our China system gives the following error:

A Run-time error has occurred in step: Close Switch
Sequence: Cleanup Equipment

Error Message: Error: TRUE
NI Switch Exe detected an error in Close Device Session

Code:-2147221164
Class not registered

I found a fix if this error happens with report generation, but not with Switch Executive.  Any ideas what is happening here? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,629 Views)

Hello,

Are you able to attach your code to review?

Best Regards,

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(4,606 Views)

We're using packed libraries and class structures for hardware abstraction.  It isn't very practical to try to upload the entire library and source code.  For our NISE class, we do very basic things.  NISE Open Session.vi.  nise CFG Import Specific.vi., nise Connect.vi, nise Disconnect.vi, nise Close.vi.  

As I said, we run this exact same code on many many systems.  The only system having this error is in China.  Curious if there is some sort of registration or system set up that is being missed.  Again, the code runs fine.  Only when we exit and try to do the NISE Close.vi, do we get this error.  Hope that is enough to give a clue as to what to try.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,595 Views)

Hello,

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your issue. There may be something in your code or your computer setup that is causing this. I recommend deploying your setup on aother computer at your Chinese location and verify that the setup is as close as possible to your setup in your home office.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,551 Views)

The Error occurs in the niseCfg Open Configuration.vi.  Attached is the VI with the error and the snapshot with the VI circled that gives the error.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,521 Views)

Hello,

What are the NI modules and chassis you are using?

Best Regards,

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,510 Views)

PXIe-1078 Chassis

PXI-2586 (x3)

PXIe-2529

Recall these work without issue in 2 systems, but the system in China gives the error.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,491 Views)

Hi Sir_Mutt,

I'm confused -- does this error occur in NISE Open Configuration or Close Configuration? Have you ensured that your Virtual Device Names/NISE Sessions/Class In are all accurate and consistent between the two deployments? What version of Switch Executive are you using?

Sunayna R.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,430 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the response.  I probably wasn't very clear.  When we shut down our system, we run the close function of our driver, which runs the code I attached earlier.  The error happens during the NISECfg Open Configuration.vi within this code (which is our Close Switch function).  You'll see we close our switch session then try to clear any configurations in there.

We're using Switch 3.6.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,424 Views)

Hi Sir_Mutt,

Do you mind trying to update to the newest version of Switch Executive? It should be compatible with your current software and might help resolve your issue. Are both of your systems exactly the same in terms of software and hardware?

Sunayna R.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,401 Views)