NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI_MsgBoxFontData.Conform

What is the function of MsgFontData.Conform?  I would like to use Find/Replace to set Message Box properties as a quick & easy way of bringing a large number of message boxes into compliance with our project's style guidelines (which are not the same as the TestStand defaults).  I would like to know what role MsgFontData.Conform plays and how it should be set. 

Also, for future reference, where can this type of information be found in the TestStand documentation?

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,085 Views)

If you click on the font button (Aa) next to the Message Expression, it drops a menu with a Conform item. I presume it means "conform to the font the system specifies for text on dialogs" instead of using a specific font. However, the Message Box doesn't seem to document the details of font selection, which apart from 'conform', are fairly self explanatory.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,083 Views)

To answer my own question, it appears that "Conform to System" is an abstruse way of saying "Use Defaults".  Trouble is, Search/Replace can be used to set MsgFontData properties to non-default values while Conform for the object is left set to True.  Then when someone clicks the [Aa] button to "inspect" the settings, and clicks "Ok" to close the dialog... oops, all the properties have been changed back to default.  That is, with Conform set to True, the Font dialog is automatially populated with the default values rather than the actual property values.  So if I globally change any MsgFontData properties then I should also change Conform to False for those objects.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,074 Views)